Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stroth

RodBuildingSupplies???????????

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

OK:

I've been searchin' and searchin' for a place to buy rod building supplies. I've heard a ton of negative stuff about mudhole so I've never tried.

I've had an order at custom tackle in TN for over a month now. I JUST NEED CORK TAPE!!

Any of the regulars out there have a good place they get their stuff from?????

Stroth

Stroth,

I'm very suprised that you had a problem at Custom Tackle. I order from Bob dozens f times per year and never had a problem. I would give him a call, he's a great guy and a straight shooter.

Guys:

Thanks for the quick replies I'll check the other sites out and let you know.

I know I've called Bob twice since I ordered. I've had cork tape backed up since 10/14/02. Everything else was great. I never thought the tape would be the item that held me up.

I must say I"ve had OUTSTANDING service from Mudhole. Tom has been in contact every day or two about my order. Tracking #'s from factory -to him-to me.

just GREAT service.

I wish I could say the same for Airborne delivery!! They've messed up 3 times for me in the last 2 weeks! Guy pulled in the driveway-never got out-then just left! It took 2 more days to get the package(not rodbuilding stuff).

[This message has been edited by Harv (edited 11-27-2002).]

I may give mudhole a shot......still on the fence.

I flipped through my surfcaster catalog, (darien ct)...they've got most of the supplies i need and i've had great luck with them in the past. Anyone else used them for rod building supplies?? I'm about to compare some prices now.

Stroth