Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John E

Fuji Reel Seat ?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Exactly what is the differences between the regular Fuji reel seats and the deluxe models besides a few bucks? Did the search thing but no real information other than just spend the few extra dollars and get the deluxe. It's not that I'm cheap but the deluxe version does not come with black collars.

The only difference is the decal that is put on the body of the seat. You will see the longated oval with the words Fuji REEL SEAT #. With the delux reel seat there is a blue sticker decal. Both the Delux and Regular have the metal ring around the nut. Besides that, I have never seen or have had a problem with the regular reel seats.

Oz,

Looks like the deluxe ones don't have the reinforcing rings in the smaller sizes in the pics I've seen at some online supply sites. I don't see any rings on the regular ones but since you don't know the sizes, it's possible the larger ones do have it. Linesiders says they they do. Maybe it has to do with qualilty of materials in the tube and hoods.

WB,

The regular ones have the cushioned hoods as well.

Here's an update for anyone who is interested. I peeled the Fuji sticker of my 20mm deluxe seat and guess what??? It has "Fuji DPS" molded in to the recessed oval just like the regular 18mm one on one of my factory rods. Side by side they look exactly the same except that the 20mm deluxe has the metal reinforcing ring in front of the not, the line pattern on the nut is slightly different, and deluxe one had the size molded into the top in the key slot. Could it be the only difference in price is due to a sticker, the different nut and and few letters? I think I'll order both version in the same size and do a one on one comparison.

Both the Delux and Regular have the metal ring around the nut. Besides that, I have never seen or have had a problem with the regular reel seats.

Maybe you're unsure of what model seats you're looking at. Here's photos from Angler's Resource (the sole US distributor of Fuji)

Here's the Deluxe Seats- All sizes with ringed nuts

Delux.jpg

And the Standard

standard.jpg

Thanks for the calrification Oz. Seems like the online retailer had some issues with the picture. Also seems like the deluxe versions have a better finish (shinier) applied to the hoods.