Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr T

Guide spacing for a rainshadow?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Just got a rainshadow SU1262F, and a set of Hardloy guides in sizes 8,10,12,18,25,and 30. Anyone have any suggested spacing they can provide for this blank? I will likely be fitting a Nautil 7500 for the reel.

with a 7500 size reel you might wanna go with a #40 minimally as your stripper guide. unless you plan on placing the #30 WAY far away from the reel seat. I would personally go 50,40,30,20,16, 12 tip...

BC

Got er done last night, epoxy on the turner right now; problem with the epoxy, about halfway through, the stuff started growing fragments in the foil tray. Spent an hour pulling it off the wraps. And of course bumps from thread cuts. Used a brand new blade, but still bumps. What do you guys do about that?

What kind of epoxy are you using to coat the threads?

for the thread bumps. between the first and second coat (assuming the first coat is not too bad) knock off the highest bumps with a new razor. just the tips of the worst ones , not the whole bump flush on every one or you'll be in trouble. just snip the tips and the snext coat should cover them.

Got that coming from you, the 1262 I got a couple weeks ago locally.

This is crazy. I have around 40 rods already, now I have a new addiction...