Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeStaten

Roosterfish Rod???

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Al,

I'm going to Mazatlan and I'm planning on fishing with Sergio for some Roosters. He recommened a rod of 11-12' that will cast from 1-4oz. I'm going to set it up with the Daiwa X-A spinning surf reel (the ones with the big spool) and load that with 30lb PowerPro. It'll be used for plugs and tins that need to be tossed far. I need it as a 2 piece. The rod will see limited use after Mazatlan so I would prefer not to spend too much. The sweet spot would ideally be 2.5-3oz. Any ideas? I'd prefer the 11' if possible. Mike

Mike ,

Sounds like you need a lami XRA1322 - 2 . The extra $ 100 for the blank will be a small price to pay for the added performance and the ability to do double duty as a back up in the northeast .

I am sure there are other less costly blanks to consider , but you get what you pay for .

Al

Any other blanks out there that are a little cheaper? I can't see spending over $200. Again I will only be using this blank in Mazatlan and then minimally back here for stripers. I may even go with the Daiwa Sealine X for about $85. Many people say good things about them. Mike