Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfrat59

Allstar 1208?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Am leaning towards an Allstar 1208 blank to go with a 6500 C3CT mag, anybody have any experience with this rod...any tackle shops on LI stock these or has to be ordered from Mud Hole? Any info appreciated. Thanks guys.

biggrin.gif

I have a 1208 conventional. It's a good rod for 2-5 oz. Really fights a fish well. It's a little faster in the tip than I like, but that's just personal preference. For the money, you can't beat it. I've used reels like the Penn 525, Abu BG6500 and Calcutta 400 on it as well as bigger reels like an Abu 7000 amd a Daiwa Slosh 30.

I bought the blank and had mine built in Mass, so I can't tell ya who carries the blanks here.

If your looking for a beauty already built Big Dave's got one for sale ready to go. I handled it the other day and it's nice stick. All set up for the reel your looking to use.

As I have mentioned before, it's my best all around stick. I won't cast like a 1322 or fight a decent fish like a Sb1213m, but its got plenty of fighting power and will cast a bomber as well.

Its a good tough rod. I just handled a 20# in a raging current with no problemos.

Get one. icon14.gif