Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandflee

Heaver Blank Suggestions

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Your right Saltheart, the man did ask about a 10 footer. Got a bit off topic didn't I. smile.gif My suggestion just based on "LI South Shore Heaver" and price range.

I've built and fished the GSB 1221MH. It is a contender and at $180 catalog it's in the price range. Might be hard to find though. I don't know the Allstar 1209 or the Batson SU 1209 (got a 1208 conventional and that won't do what you want). Seems to be strong support for the 1209 from folks who know it. Go for it.

Steve

thank you for all the replies u guys rule... well it's looking towards the lami, the reason i said 10ft is because i drive a car and wanted to limit how much rides out the window, and it seems the 2 pices are rated for less, someone in a tackle shop suggested the 10'6" st croix, saying it will heave 5-6 plus chunk on average days w/o a problem, but others have said dont buy the croix which is $210 complete. now im confused lol thanks again guys

I tested out the 1209 saturday at WE2 and it perfromed very well.. I was throwing 8 oz of lead with a Newell 344 and 50 lb. The spool was 3/4 to almost full and after each cast, I didnt have ALOT OF line left. It took alot of pressure to laod it even with 8. It'll throw 10 and big chunk easy...

The guys in my club were amazed at how light it was and the power it had under stress.. I was getting full distance on casts without much effort.

SO, I havent had a fish on it yet, but, for the money, you cant wrong with this one...

BC