Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paradise Inn

Hi all, newbie here..

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Just found your site yesterday, and stayed up very late reading the material on it . I'd been away from surfishing for 30 yrs. till last Fall when my daughter treated me to a week at Cape May, N.J. I bought some cheap gear for the trip and found myself in the foam every day of the stay! Caught a small blue, but it wouldn't have mattered. I was day-dreaming of times past and would like to have the experience again this year. Now for the question....my daughter is giving me and my wife another week in N. J., but it would have to be where I can get into the surf and where my wife can have access to shopping malls. Do you know of a stretch of the coast where we can have both? Any info would be appreciated...Thanks, Jerry (aka Paradise Inn)

With the sprawl going on in NJ that could be anywhere on the coast.

In my opinion, your best bet may be somewhere near Atlantic City if you are looking for the best of both worlds.

Welcome Paradise. I think you'll enjoy this site smile.gif

Good place to look into would be the Island Beach Motor Lodge. Located on the beach just outside the gates of Island Beach State Park, in South Seaside Park NJ. Walk to fishing while the wife drives 10 - 15 minutes to the mall or to the outlet stores in Point Pleasant. Fall would be the time to fish.

Regards, Lou

Welcome Paradise. I think you'll enjoy this site smile.gif

Good place to look into would be the Island Beach Motor Lodge. Located on the beach just outside the gates of Island Beach State Park, in South Seaside Park NJ. Walk to fishing while the wife drives 10 - 15 minutes to the mall or to the outlet stores in Point Pleasant. Fall would be the time to fish.

Regards, Lou

PI, That's a pretty good rec. You could get a 3 day pass into IBSP with the vehicle if the wifie wanted to walk to Seaside Park shopping for a day, while she could also drive to Ocean Cty Mall, I think the outlets might be in Manasquan (? Lou can help here), antiques in Bay Head.

Now if outlets and surf fishing slightly outside NJ are in order, my wife likes Rehobath, DE. Nice beaches and outlets . . . she was very pleased. wink.gifHappyWave.gif

Welcome PI

Bristol Lou hit the nail on the head. Island Beach Motor Lodge. You will have 20 miles of accessible coast to fish. Your wife will have;

Ocean County Mall

Free hold Raceway Mall

Great Adventure Outlet Stores

If you decide to do this give us some notice and the IBSP crew will take you on the sand for the day icon14.gif We are a sight to behold wink.gif