Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfcaster1

Lengthening a Butt

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I have a GSB1321M rod that I wish the butt was just 3" longer. The rod works fine - its just that my other rods have longer butts and I have gotten used to casting with the longer length. Butt is wrapped with cork tape.

What's the best way for me to do it?

Take off Butt cap find or have someone find a Piece of old Blank that will slide in to butt of rod Snugly (need at least 9-12 Inches inside Rod

Epoxy Sleeve in place match cork tape cover whole thing with Srink wrap Good to go!

You can also use Alum tube but best done by a rod builder

Extending the butt is a lot of work, especially for just 3in,why not just cut off the old reel seat and install a new one from the butt end, or cut it off, cork tape the entire butt and tape the reel on 3in higher...alot less work. wink.gif

I am going to extend a conoflex flattie that has a short handle. I will be extending it 9-12 inches to make the total length about 11'9'' to 12'. I am going to build up the new extension to match the cork height with tape. I am then going to shrink wrap with the diamond black wrap. Thoughts or comments appreciated.