Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fabe76

Fuji High Frame Alconites

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Are alconites durable enough for a 9'surf rod?I fish mostly sand beaches and occasionaly where rocks abound.I've read numerous opinions on SIC components Are they worth the money?I'll be using mostly single foots with posibly a 40 as a stripper.Do you think that the alconites will cut it.P.S. I'll be using a VS150 with 30lb.Power Pro thanks

I built a 9 foot lami with Alconite single footed guides. They've been great. I recommend you use something like the Forhan locking wrap for durability. It's been demonstrated that those extra few turns really increase the integrity of the wrap.

Thanks RichL Maybe you could share what sizes and spacings you used.Did you use all singles or did you use a double foot as stripper guide?I'm going to be using a VS150 and braid.Most guys think that with that setup I can start with a size 30 single foot what do you think?

I built my lami 1081L in the Fuji new concept configuration, and your setup is liable to differ from mine as you're using a VS, and I used a Daiwa Team Advantage. Take a look at http://www.rodbuilding.org/list.php?2 and you'll be able to get some extensive input on new concept guide set up or conventional set up. Be sure to check the library there for articles, you can do a search on the subject, and register to post. It's a phenomenal site for rodbuilding, and there are many, many good people there. You'll also find the article on the Forhan locking wrap.