Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John E

Cracking the Fuji Code

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Al,

I been doing a little research to determine whether or not build myself a rod this winter and the one thing that confuses my to no end is the Fuji guide codes and types. Is there any info you can share in determining the type of guides to choose?

John E

After so many years of building I have come to using several different styles of Fuji guides given a particular application.

First step is determining your budget and whether you want Hardaloy or SIC guides.

Hardaloy will stand up to braided lines so it is really a matter of personal preference and dollars.

Second step is to determine the line weight you will be casting and the blank you will be using. In addition,consider the conditions you will be casting under. You may need a more durable guide when fishing rocky areas.

The third step is to first determine the size of the stripper guide which will be dependent on the size of the reel, the weight of the line and the stripper guide's position on the blank relative to the center of the reel.

The final step is to determine the correct size and proper amount of the remaining guides which will be dependent based on a static deflection test.

Hope this answers your question.

Al G.