Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doyle007

Ft. Washington show

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

does anybody have any info on any seminars that will be given at the show for rod building? i just checked the website for the show, and all of the seminars listed are for fly fishing. while i love to fly fish, i'd like to see some more rod building stuff.

by the way, who's going? i'll probably go on saturday, the 12th.

Mike, sorry that i did not respond earlier. i posted this topic, and then left the next day for a week in CA, and I did not have time to check any websites while I was there.

Anyway, I don't think that I'll be going to the show. It doesn't look like there is going to be a lot of rod building, based on what I saw on the show website. I looked at the exhibitors, and I didn't get that warm and fuzzy feeling that there would be enough to get me to drive there. Now, i love fly fishing shows, but I don't think that I'll make it.

If anyone goes, please let me know that I was wrong, and that there was a ton of rod building stuff.

It doesn't look like there is going to be a lot of rod building, based on what I saw on the show website.

WHy do you think this is? Becasue all the Rodbuilder's up here dont' do anything to make any Rod Building MAnufacturers want to come to ANY shows up here. IT's pretty sad, how guys come on teh interenet ask a million questions, but when they have a chance to meet up and see stuff first hand, or to make moves to show the Rodbuilding World the Northeast isn't a waste of their time (which it is) - everyone disappears.

What is the big deal that this is a fly fishing show, with little or no Rodbuilding? Why is it so hard for 50 ot 60 guys show up, and MAKE it a Rodbuilding show. I know that's not a lot, but it's a start. Until that happens, there won't be any Rod Building shows up in the North East.

Of course there was no rod building stuff at the show. If 20 guys from the NY-NJ-Pa area would have got together and brought stuff & met up - there would have been.

But everyone needs someone else to do everything for them. Of course the MAnufacturers know there was no Rod building stuff at the show, and guess what happens next year? NO Rod Building stuff at teh show. And we we can blame is ourselves.