Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeB

Rod Building Show, North Carolina

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Anyone going to the show in Charlotte this weekend? I may make the 2 hours drive Sunday to spend the day there, then possible hit Bass-Pro shops on the way back to Durham. Just to window shop a bit.... cwm12.gifcwm12.gif

This is a first year show, and the show owner and promoter, Barry Serviente, told me not to expect too much. However, he has also said that he's been overwhelmed with the number of booth sold and the interest from the rod builders for a first year event.

At last count I think he had sold around 20 rod building specific booths (some vendors have also bought more than one booth). (There will be over 100 other fly fishing and general fishing booths there - maybe more, I can't remember what he told me.)

From what the rod building dealers have told me, they are bringing a ton of stuff.

It's fairly safe to say that there will be more rod building equipment, blanks and components there in the hall, than has ever been displayed in any one place, at any time, in the world. In addition, there are several rod building specific seminars and demos both days, plus about 40 other general fishing seminars. These are free once you've paid the admission fee.

The admission fee? $12 per person per day, or $20 for both days. I don't see how anyone can lose with so much to see for such a small price. Of course, I do understand the constraints on those who live more than a few hours away.

[ 02-20-2004, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Saltheart ]