Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anchorman

classes for newbe's?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

i usually bring my blanks to a local b&t. im usually satisfied with the work but i can see myself doing the same work. im ready to take the plunge into your world. i love this forum and appreciate any advice in the future thanks

Best thing is to find a local builder that will let you sit in on a rod or two. Perhaps a barter?

If you are somewhat handy, you will get enough to get you going from a session or two. The rest you can find in books. Good luck and welcome to the obsession! smile.gif

I dont know if the classes are full yet or a late drop out may get you a spot. Tri-State Custom Rodbuilders Club is running beginner classes Jan. 22 & 29 and Feb. 5 in Malvern PA. Fee $60 plus cost of materials for the rod you'll build. Contact Clay Johnson by phone at(610)647-2516 e-mail hclayjohn@aol.com. That's $60 for all three days of classes and that goes to covering the cost of printing a text book,teaching supplies ,coffee and donuts. Students are paired with members who volunteer their time to help guide them thru WHATEVER TYPE OF ROD the student wishes to build. We do this to get new members for the club and to promote rodbuilding. Experienced builders interested in the Club but not the classes may also contact Clay. These excellent classes have been conducted annually for over twenty years.

Bruce

Tri-State Custom Rodbuilders Club is running beginner classes Jan. 22 & 29 and Feb. 5 in Malvern PA. Fee $60 plus cost of materials for the rod you'll build. Contact Clay Johnson by phone at(610)647-2516 e-mail hclayjohn@aol.com. That's $60 for all three days of classes

$60 is a bargain. I know a few of the members of Tri-State,and I strongly suggest any builders anywhere close to them join up & go to a few meetings & thr other functions they hold. There is so much Rodbuilding experiance in that club which is shared freely - I'm shocked more people aren't members.