Lamistien #2 road test.

Rate this topic

welp i took the lamistien #2 creation old style 2 piecer i built for the road test using 2 different reels.all was great!! Exept i forgot my 3-4 oz leads in the hurry to escape the house for my fishness freedom!,i look in my backpack and the heaviest i had was a 2 0z bomber round jig,1.5 oz deadly dick and a 2 oz kastamster,ohhhh well i thought,i needed to try these anyhow on the 9'er ta see what happens anyways should i be

bequeathed by a roving pack of schoolie stripers in the river lookin for a shallow water snack.i plug up the magged brandy spankin new squidder with 4 mags in it and a light light seacret race oil in the bb's and let it rip,wow ok not so bad 100 yards with the bomber egg jig.same with the kastmaster .no fluffys unless i get violent on the cast with an otg.same with a uni or my now weak pendulum.so far so good for 9 feet but if i had a 3 or a 4 oz on i know i could get more footage out theyre,the parabolic bend on the lami wasnt too badly screaming daddy stop it so i will attempt to push it this week

hopefully to the max witha bait rig and heavy jig.metals testing.ok that done i pop on the abu 6000 to see what kind of damage i can do to it or me.zip on the 2 0z.kastmaster and gently did a small uni.hmmmmm 90 to 100 yards or so,some line lift and thumbing,i am thinking dammit i used my light race oil i know i did,i shoulda went heavier on the bb.s,i just dosed them with some break free

so next time we will see what gives as i up the oil one test at a time light to heavy viscositys until i hit r/fuel and stop.i couldnt push it at all with the 2 oz anythings tho as that line lift was getting out of hand with the power casts,i was getting the same distance with a nice easy over the shoulder and NO line lift which kind of dusted my thinking with this levelwind.all i can figure is it needs to be on an 11-12 foot rod and then go back to the 5500c on the lami or just use heavier metals n jigs and see what gives then in terms of distance gained with a full load on the rod,i may pop it on the 11 eliminator for a yuck and see how it does on the torture test.anyhow thats the skinny for this week on the lamistien 2 creation i built this past winter thanx to bm for the shorty rod i used in making this one up to heave.either way i am very pleased with this old rods performance and new life.if you have access to a wood lathe you can make the old timey fore and butt grips for that classic early 30's to 60's rod look which i love.best of luck.heres the page i made on this one on using old parts.parts is parts.the best part is i now have a 2 piece takedown old style setup that i can take traveling on a greyhound no sweat downcoast with or for tight areas and ledges this is the perfect stick on my river in the backwood wilderness where i fish! http://www.100megspop3.com/oldvalkyry/lami.html

Hay Gramps,

The rod looks great!

I noticed the tape on your mouse, did you mag that too? wink.gif

gad

[This message has been edited by gadwall8 (edited 05-06-2002).]

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace