Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
braindead974

Articulate swimfly with EP

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Those look great have you tried to swim any? What weight rod do you plan fishing those beasts on!! I think they look fabulous but how do you throw such a bulky fly that holds that much water with a fly rod?

Thanks ;)

Yes I try them, See the video link... I use with a 10wt outbound, no problem for cast, a roll cast remove all the water from the fibers, EP or congo hair dry easy with one cast

Good luck with that. I love the look my friend but it seemed liked you were pulling a wash cloth from the water. I can't see you throwing that.. If you make a video of it being cast please post it ,I'd like to see it.. I have a great deal of interest in these flies, I really liked the action but not so much on that one. It appeared to not do so much other then want to spin around , I would really like to see what it does with a stead retrieve.. Thanks very much for posting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel Marie View Post

Good luck with that. I love the look my friend but it seemed liked you were pulling a wash cloth from the water. I can't see you throwing that.. If you make a video of it being cast please post it ,I'd like to see it.. I have a great deal of interest in these flies, I really liked the action but not so much on that one. It appeared to not do so much other then want to spin around , I would really like to see what it does with a stead retrieve.. Thanks very much for posting.

The fly does look pretty plush.  Maybe if it was thinned out a bit it would have a more free action and shed water easier?

Ok I try to make you video ;)

Braindead no worries , please no need ,, if your happy that's all that matters. There's no need to try and sell me on the fly I am already sold!! :-) I think the fly you tied is beautiful and I'm happy for you that you've created such a awesome fly!! Enjoy and catch a monster and please let us know!! God Bless you -- Andrew

yea, that sucker does look pretty.. it moves good... don't cut any material off... apparently thinning it out will make it roll worse.. really nice job on them.. I for one am impressed you figured out how to make the tail.