Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crafter of Rod

Al "doin' his thing "pic...

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Thanks Harv, just what I needed to start the New Year. Happy New Year to you too.

Hey Guys, this is Harv Gorton, Rodcrafters National VP in charge of heckling. Harv is one of Rodcrafters elite members, always on the cutting edge of new developments and techniques.

The New England Seminar is two weeks away and I have put together a tentative agenda. There will be lots of new faces attending.

The National Seminar in Allentown is scheduled for the second weekend in March. All you SOL's that live in NJ or PA with an interest in rodbuilding should seriously consider attending.

Please don't be intimidated by the photos Harv has posted. Yes, you will see work like that at the seminars. However, far more important is that you will learn how to design and build the ultimate rod for your particular style of fishing. Isn't that what it's all about?

Happy New Year to all,

Al G.

Al.....those pics show some VERY impressive work!!!! I see why you hesitate to fish the Live Bait 70 if it's dressed up like any of those in the pictures. Way TOO purdy to fish...some of those beat a 50lber on the wall....well almost at least.. wink.gif

Tightlines~~~~~

The photos are definetly NOT designed to intimidate,but to inspire.

That's what hooked me when I first saw the color plates in Dale's book(Advanced) over 20 years ago.I thought ...dam,man...I'm gonna learn to do that !

Then I attended my first National Rodcrafters seminar..& was awestruck at what I saw & learned in 2 days!!!

I met Bernie, & Al...very impressive dudes(still are !)

I look forward each year to the trek to Allentown,nice drive (5hrs), & meeting the friends I've made there over the years,& seeing what the creative minds have been up to the last year,(see how much more gray hair((less !!?? )) Al has !LOL !!)

The Sheraton Jetport accomodations are very nice,close to airport,nice indoor pool,good food.Around 100 rodbuilders for folks to share & learn from.

I extend an invitation to all rodbuilders to join us in Allentown in March.If it is your first seminar,you'll love it ,AND ,YOU will likely teach US a new trick or two !! (That happens almost every year !!)

2 days of talks & demonstrations,lots of rods on display, & a good time for all(Wives are welcome too, there's a shopping trip on Saturday to the Reading outlet malls/stores).

You'll learn a lot of tricks & tips,too !

We'll try our best to see that you learn what you came for, HOWEVER,you must ask ! We can't read your mind !!(There's a place on the registration form for this..or post it on the RodCrafters message board{see picture posting}.))

Registration info is available thru me, Al, or Dick at 610-395-5119.

SHARE & LEARN