Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neil

Lamiglas Perigee Blanks to be discontinued?!?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hi Al, Neil.Haven't been on the PC for a few days, just coming from www.rodbuilding.org.

Saw Custom Tackle Supply's post on Perigee sale due to the line being discontinued.What a ahame beautiful blanks and at least in the"surf" lengths as good as the Ron Arras'IMHO

Sure wish I had a bundle of cash so I could get some.

Anyone looking for a truly fine blank at a great price might want to"take a look".

Have you heard about this? Any idea why? Not enough sales?

Hope you had a fine Christmas and wishing you the best of New Years. Neil

Neil,

The Perigee series was developed for custom rod building only and not to be sold as a production rod. I have bult several in the series and love the blanks.

I am sure that the decision to discontinue the line was based on the lack of demand. This was probably a business decision based on a number of factors.

Al's got it right, we thought we could create a unique series that was only available to builders but there just was not enough demand. There are some very nice actions here and will not be available in another series as of now.

There are some fantastic deals on saltwater and surf blanks, get them now as I spoke with Bob at Custom Tackle Supply and they are going very fast.

Todd

Hugh Miller had a couple of rods built on Perigee blanks at Al's seminar on LI last year - they are VERY pretty blanks. In addition, if you call or email Custom Tackle, you'll be in for a BIG surprise when you see the discounted pricescwm24.gif