Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gooseberry

gorilla glue

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I have never used Gorilla Glue so I do not knows it's properties.

I have been using 5-minute epoxy glue for tip tops for along time and it has worked fine for me along with alot of other custom rod builders.

Goose, I have used Gorilla Glue for woodworking and it is great stuff. The only thing I would be concerned with is crystalization and eventual deterioration. It is much more durable and much less temperature sensitive than tight bond, but it will still crystalize. I think for a rod tip, you will probably be fine though. IMHO, do not glue grips or reel seats with it, just a guess, but I think it will give out eventualy in those areas of a rod. PS, this is advice from using GG in other aplications, I have only built two rods and used only various epoxies, so my rod building knowledge is next to nothing.

Angryeel

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Never used Gorilla glue, but I cannot figure out why you would want to use it? 5 minute epoxy can be found for $3-4 at a hardware store, and tip-top cement is dirt cheap as well. I never used the tip top cement, but the 5 minute epoxy will hold forever, and is easily removed with a small amount of heat.