Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pksurfish

Lost an inch from top of Lamiglas 1205

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I just received a custom 1 piece Lamiglas 1205 I had made. The tip was damaged in shipment, and it looks likely that I will lose the top 1" (not 1') of the rod. How will this affect the rod? What do you think I should claim as damage against the shipper for loss in value of the rod and likely repair costs? Thanks.

I would claim for the damage costs. Where it is a custom rod, I would then repair it as is and buy plugs with the ins. money.

one inch should not affect a ten foot rod in a "5" power blank/ IMHO

It should be ok to use. Ron Arra broke more than an inch off his and he is still using it! smile.gif

I don't know what you should do about the insurance. I suppose in todays world , the typical scenario is to go for all the gusto you can and see how much of the full replacement cost they will give you.

Hi,

The blank was broken before you received it. The party responsible should be made to correct the problem. The insurer accepted money so they should make good. We are not talking about a $10 item.

Now does the owner want to go thru the hassle with the insurance carrier? It is his decision.

If the insurance co pays and does not want the rod in return then that is their decision and you win twice!

Good fortune with this one.

Saltheart, Yes... that rod is now one of my favorite jigging rods...I broke 4" off the tip, doing a casting stroke at a Long Island NY surf seminar....ya I hit the chandelier and one glass candle came down...real lucky it did not hit anybody.

Ron, I thought you broke your 1322 on that chandelier confused.gif

But I guess losing 4" from a 1322 is about the same as losing an inch off a 1205, in the rod's over-all action.