Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fabe76

Broken Rainshadow Plugging Rod

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Last week I broke my Batson 1087 It broke just past the stripper guide while casting a 2-1/4oz danny swimmer it was on the first cast and I still cannot figure out what happened?The rod is a couple of years old but has recieved limited use any suggestions?Has anyone heard of other 1087's doing similar things?Do you think Batson would do anything for me?Any input is much apreciated.It was a great stick I'm sick over it.I don't abuse my stuff at all Thanks

bill I love Your rods and push them here on the cape. along with vs reels

But I snapped a 1088 sat 2nd 1 1st was last year right at the tip 1" it was the tip that snapped so something was messed up, maybe i hit the tip? but the 2nd rod has me numb.

I need to buy 2 more of these things.

so i have back up. I have taken bass to 45 lbs and many other nice fish.

I like the stick.

any other blanks made with higher modules of graphite??

My # is 508 654 9897 or a pm thanks

if You want to leave a messg thanks dave.

these 1087 and 1088's mainly the 1088 is my #1 stick and I have a forest of lami and others.

I don't have a Batson 1087, but I do have an older Sabre that's very similar. 2-1/4 oz should be well within the comfort zone, altho towards the top of it. Manufacturing defects usually result in breakage early on in a rod's life. It's possible you could have banged the rod against something and damaged it, perhaps a hairline crack that was difficult to see against the matte finish confused.gif

I'm not an engineer, but my 1087 Sabre bends, under a load, right to about the part that broke on yours. But a fish is more likely to overstress a rod at that point than a cast. I'm still thinking unnoticed damage as the culprit.

Dave (BM)...

I did some testing work with Rainshadows and I know how you fish. A good option for you might be the SU series of Surfrods... these things are killah. I have several now, but my favorite two are the SU 1209 (awesome ditch rod for jig to 6 ounces and also a great South Shore Long Island Chunking rod) and the SU 1207. The 1207 is a big plug rod that is close in action with the SW 1208, but more balls... those big fish up there, you should check out the SU series.

BC

Thanks for all the replys.To answer BC's question I really don't recall dropping or or any other trauma to this rod.Although this stick is a couple of years old I have not used it all that much my primary rod is XRA 1083 but I don't feel comfortable throwing over 1-1/2oz with it when I'm tossing big stuff the Batson always got the nod.I would also like to thank Bill Batson for such a prompt and receptive response I will be in touch shortly Thanks

Sorry Ditch In my haste to respond I thought it was BC who suggested a hairline crack I'm curious, you mentioned "it might be tough to see against the matte finish" mine was a gloss black finish I had just put a coat of wax on it the week before and did not remember seeing anything in reguards to damage usually the green turtle wax will highlight any damage. cracks or nicks that is.

Please feel free to contact me directly in regards to the Batson / Rainshadow line. I am always willing to help in any caes where you feel a warranty is valid.You will find an Authorized Distributor in your area, if you can't find one we will be more than happy to find you one. Thank you for all the kind words in regards to our product line, we are here to support the Fishing Industry.Also thank you for all the support..

Bill Batson

CEO

Batson Enterprises

Rainshadow/Forecast

wbatson@olypen.com - direct E-mail

877-875-2381 - toll free #

[ 06-01-2005, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Saltheart ]

I have been using the RS SW Series (967, 1087, 1088, and 1098) for close to 5 years and found them to be almost indestructible.

I just got back from fishing some Delaware beaches where I caught a number of blue fish using a SW967 with 4 oz of lead and bait. I was trying to throw this load as far as possible and was getting close to 60-70 yards in a head wind. The rod handled the weight with out any problem.

The Batsons make a great product. Best of luck.

Tom

Just got off the phone with Bill Batson what a gentleman!It's refreshing to deal with somebody that truly has the customer's best interest in mind.For a small service charge he is going to send me a replacement blank!This really made my day!BATSON RODS RULE!!