Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saltheart

Clemen's Rod wrapping Lathe

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Last year there was a custom builder from the Cape there who, if my memory is correct, had a Clemens "Rod Lathe" there. I don't remember his name but he was trained by Roy Brouwer of Roy's Bait and Tackle. There was also a booth from NJ called Fish'in Fin-aics who were there with a Pac Bay wrapper. There really is no comparison between the two. If you lived a little closer you would be free to use my Clemens wrapper, in fact some years it gets used more by friends than me.

[This message has been edited by JeffH (edited 01-22-2001).]

Saltheart. A clemens lathe was on display and in use at the New England Rod Crafters Seminar 2 weekends ago. My 1st wraping machine was a Pac Bay. It served me well. It also could be used as a drying machine. I now have 2 Clemens Lathes. 1 to wrap with and the 2nd (a used one in the basement used for shaping cork and synthetic grips(dirty work). If you only do several rods year the Pac Bay is fine. If you are building many rods then go for the best. The extra cost is well worth it. The machinists type chuck drive head is worth the extra cash alone and then add in the solid rod support asm's (the blank doesn't pop out of place). Good luck. Have fun wrapping. Capt Neil