Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bernie12

top tv chefs

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2019 at 5:15 PM, puff tentacle said:

In the beginning I never like Bobby Flay , but the more I watch him , I think he really can cook a wide variety of cuisine.

That about mirrors my opinion of Flay. More than any other TV guy he personified that late 90s/early 2000s food scene...big bold fusion flavors, classic techniques. Guy can really move in the kitchen too, a natural. 

I've had friends who worked for him, no one had anything bad to say. Guy is a pro through and through. The same can't be said for the Ginger Rapist batali...stories of his infamy goes back decades.  

On 12/26/2018 at 8:24 PM, Mono said:

Jacques Pepian, Nick Stellino both cook with passion.  All the rest are doing it for the money.

Jacques is one of the best, pretty sure even the good ones do it for both passion AND money lol...

4 hours ago, buddha162 said:

That about mirrors my opinion of Flay. More than any other TV guy he personified that late 90s/early 2000s food scene...big bold fusion flavors, classic techniques. Guy can really move in the kitchen too, a natural. 

I've had friends who worked for him, no one had anything bad to say. Guy is a pro through and through. The same can't be said for the Ginger Rapist batali...stories of his infamy goes back decades.  

I was on a flight out of LGA with Batali on it. Based on his appearance I wouldn’t eat anything he was near.

6 mins ago, charloots said:

I was on a flight out of LGA with Batali on it. Based on his appearance I wouldn’t eat anything he was near.

That guy is a disgusting human being inside and out.

I like Simply Ming on PBS.  Him and a guest chef each prepare the same main ingredient.  No 3 judge panels, no tattoos and ear gauged young chefs "proving they belong", no fondant covered cake monstrosities like Food network has become.  Just chefs talking techniques and making good food.