Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bernie12

top tv chefs

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Paul Prudhomme...but he's a bit much for the home kitchen.

Justin Wilson for fun...

Tony Bourdain is the real deal, but he's all into travel now.

Old days? Biker Billy Cooks with Fire, Galloping Gourmet and Julia.

Today? Flay is an industry unto himself. Batali as well but he's turned more to restaurant $ than TV$. Brown is pretty good too. For the home chef I'd say Brown's and Burrell's recipe's and techniques are more reliable than Flay's. Honorable mention to Lydia Bastianich and Tyler Florence.

Normal today? Jackasses like Guy Fieri and whoever last won the "Star" series. Yes, they need to fill time slots but few are worth watching.

i second martin yan. he really gave me a love and appreication for asian cooking.

As with everyone, i am also a fan of Brown.

Love batali, wish he was on TV more. I also have respect for flay.

I am a fan of g zakarian, wish he would do a straight up cooking show. i bet that would be good.

Also big fan of Julia, and Jaques.

Remember the two fat laides!? I loved them.

They need to bring back the true cooking show, and dial down the other nonsense some. Don't get me wrong, its not all bad. Loved chopped for a while, but it gets old. Loved the original Iron Chef, and ICA is not bad.

i second martin yan. he really gave me a love and appreication for asian cooking.

As with everyone, i am also a fan of Brown.

Love batali, wish he was on TV more. I also have respect for flay.

I am a fan of g zakarian, wish he would do a straight up cooking show. i bet that would be good.

Also big fan of Julia, and Jaques.

Remember the two fat laides!? I loved them.

They need to bring back the true cooking show, and dial down the other nonsense some. Don't get me wrong, its not all bad. Loved chopped for a while, but it gets old. Loved the original Iron Chef, and ICA is not bad.

I forgot about the two fat lady's they were great.

Two fat Ladies were always a favorite. I would say that Guy Fieri and Alton Brown are my favorite personalities. Miron Mixon would be my least but I still watch Pitmasters anyway.

Jacques Pépin - is pretty much the only one I watch if I happen to catch it and the other is MIke Colameco’s Real Food

Cooking TV shows seem to have taken a huge turn towards crap, in the last few years.

Used to dislike Mike Colameca but he's actually been doing good stuff for a couple years now.

I forgot about the Two Fat Ladies, they were a hoot.

Love Cook's Country and America's Test Kitchen on PBS....Steve Raichlen is ok

About 6 years ago the first time my wife watched Rick Bayless she said he is gay, I tease her about it everytime we watch it. Need to leave the daughter off the show.