Fishbites are Awesome

Rate this topic

AxBeetle

Tony da rat is absolutely correct about water temp, this stuff is popular in southern waters, but they have two types, fast acting and regular. Fast acting is a little better up north.I use the squid strips when fishing with my grandchildren for snapper blues, cuts down on rebaiting and it's just as effective as spearing.

We are getting enormous spot on fbbw this week in southern nj

Earlier in July, we had mixes of giant spot, northern kingfish, and southern kings as well.

one way to increase chances is to put the tiniest bloodworm part on then a small piece of fbbw over it.

if they steal the blood the fbbw is still there to get them without reeling in to rebait

try a 6' one handed spinning outfit with a 1 or 2 oz sinker to keep it sporty!

People kill for Spot down here, if you happen to be the unlucky chap fishing on a pier when the word gets out be prepared to get stampeded , just dive off the end, sometimes it's your only shot at survival.

To get a picture of the fury, magnify a Walmart stampede by 100 at door opening time on Black Friday.

Yup, Fishbites artificial bloodworm is deadly on Spot, Whiting and Croaker if that's what your targeting , Whiting hit it real hard. Great alternative to Shrimp, Sand fleas and real bloodworms. Rig it up with a small Owner mutu light circle and your good to go, don't even need to attend to it , fish hook themselves every time.

We are getting enormous spot

Last time out with my son we caught some spot and croakers that were 12" -- I consider that huge. We only got two that were under 8" - No porgies and Not so many kings yet, but kingfish/porgy spot #1 is still off limits. Hopefully next month, we can get out there. I can't wait to get the fish bites in the water at that spot.

Classic

.........as we continue on.......

When you guys are using FB's for say Spots, Croakers or Kings do you have anything else on hook with it? 

If there seems to be a slow bite, or if I feel like changing it up ill put a small piece of FB then some live bloodworm then another little piece of FB. I get bites both ways.

Got a whopping 11" Spot yesterday with FBBW, didn't want the clam bites but I caught my biggest fluke of the season using the clam bite last week, dragging a hi Lo rig usin an 8' St Criox Wild River rod, Abu 5601, 20lb Fireline.

I found a Walmart about an hour ftom the shore that had several sizes of FB bloods and clams and several dollars cheaper than the B&T's along the coast

• 7 years later...
On 7/25/2013 at 0:18 PM, WickedStriper said:

Are fishbites good for mackerel?

I just came back from the OBX and the guy next to me caught a Spanish mackerel on a mortician rig baited with fish bites. I would have never thought it....

2 hours ago, Cayotica said:

Are fish bites make from squid strips?

No, the clam strips seem like a kind of felt impregnated with fishy goo, but they melt away to nothing. The fast acting are about as durable as a squid strip, the slow acting a bit more. I've caught haddock while deep sea fishing, black sea bass and scup inshore. Probably not my first choice of baits, but it's tremendously convenient since it stores forever at room temperature, and I also like using a little on the hook along with my preferred bait, so I'm confident there's something there if I miss a strike.

Massachusetts EPO:

1-800-632-8075