Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tagger

Mag Kits..

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hey Dave...My Abu 7200 cast really well this year. I have the ceramics,yellow rocket fuel, and two blocks pulled out.. My question, is there a Mag kit for a 7000 or 7200 level wind..I want it to be the best level wind it can be..Its the first level wind I ever owned. It was kinda nice just working the plug and not have to keep looking how I'm laying the line ..I was thinking what eles can I do to this thing ..Mags ? or a single rare earth mag ?..thanks in advance...eddy HappyWave.gif

Eddy, just finished building a mag setup for my 7500C3, 6 rare earth magnets mounted on a spring loaded aluminum horseshoe shaped plate, controlled by a brass thumbwheel where the clicker button used to be. tight inside the left sideplate but with careful fitting it has a nice range of adjustment. Dying to try it out, waiting for this wind to die down, maybe sat. morning before the fling. If it turns out to be a success I'll try and post some pics and some specs, maybe even show it off at the fling!

I too love a levelwind at night for plugging, rather concentrate on retrieve and reading the water than laying line...get back to you soon with the results. biggrin.gif

Ed there is a couple of really nice conversions available When we have coffee this winter at the ditch we can talk about them. Cheers Big Dave.

Ed thanks again for the litte Box of goodies, you are the man

Eddy, test cast the mag setup I built for my 7000C3 over the weekend, very excited with the results!Fine threaded thumbscrew adjuster where the clicker used to be allows me to change mag plate to spool clearance from .008 to .175...by dialing in the adjustment I can now throw 3oz plug, or 6oz tin, or 8oz sinker approx 100 yds with no thumbing of the spool ! this from a guy who couldn't throw a chunk 40 yds without a tremendous birdsnest! Still have to tweak it a bit, had some minor backlash with lighter and less aerodynamic swimmers, mounted 6 Radio Shack magnets to plate in NSNS configuration, have room to mount 2 more, will add them and see if results with light stuff improves...overall I was looking for a way to throw heavy stuff and think it was a success. I don't know how to upload pics, maybe if I wash the dishes Thanksgiving my wife will load them for me! and you can get a look at the setup.

biggrin.gif