Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

Flaptail

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I will start. Steve (Flaptail) was one of the best fishermen I know. I cut my teeth reading all of his articles in On The Water magazine for a few years before I actually became aquainted with Steve, met him....and then became very good friends! I remember the first time he asked me to join him fishing....I was thrilled! I had started building lures and one of my pencils was doing well and Steve took notice and wanted to do an article about it! I don't know which I was more excited about...the article or fishing with Flaptail! Steve was a genuinely nice and generous person and he could fish any way you can fish...and he was good at all of it. Surf, boat, flyfishing, ice fishing....he was all about fishing. I learned so very much from Steve! It was terrible when he passed. So many of us were just stunned that our good friend was really gone. Slipknot and I had been with him a week or so earlier as he was doing a seminar at The Mass Striped Bass Association meeting so we went along to heckle him! He passed just a day before the next MSBA meeting and I had the task of personally telling our membership that the man who spoke at our meeting just a few short weeks ago had passed away. That was hard for me to do....the words stuck in my throat. He was a friend to so many of us....a talented fisherman, a plug builder and collector, a fan of music.....and he was a devoted husband and Father of 2 daughters who he was just so proud of. I know I can speak for many of us when I say.......we all miss him so much. I hope others will chime in about Flaptail and many of the others here in this forum.;)

RIP Steve.Man does the time fly.Your last day was with Tony C and I laughing and joking at the Red Barn in Eastham eating pizza.You took the day off to trout fish on the lower cape.I think of you quite often and especially when I'm trout fishing here in Maine.Thanks for the nice weather and the brookie bite here in the mountains.You must be smiling. Peace.

A great fisherman and an even better person. If you fished much on Cape Cod, you would have bumped into him. 

The monthly SWFFing meetings at Osterville Anglers Club he and Capt. Rich Murphy used ti host were always a wonderful time.

Steve was a great and deeply knowledgeable fisherman.

I was fortunate to see a couple of his seminars and loved his work with OTW

I hope his family and close friends are doing well.

Catch em up big guy

It's been ten years today that Steve[Flaptail] passed away.RIP Steve...……………...Thinking of you every time I pick up a rod,tie a fly,walk the sand.