Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cheen

Wire line Rod

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Al,I picked up a custom wire line rod this wknd,made by Bronco,it is 7'6".It is 18" from butt to center of reel seat,25" from center or reel seat to first guide then from first guide its 13"--10"--8"--6"--5"--5"to tip( measured guide to guide)it seems the first guide AT 25" from center of reel is to large a span and when the rod is loaded the wire will contact the rod between the reel and first guide and when really loaded(as I hope it often will be) it contacts the rod again one section up.What do ya think It is purchased from a suposed reputable shop who has them made by Bronco.Do the #'s sound fishy or is this common...........Thanx Cheen

Seems to me someone did not do a static deflection test on the rod to check the guide spacing. I probably needs the stripper guide moved closer to thr realseat and adding an additional guide to the rod.

I suggest you bring the rod back to the shop you brought it from and see what they can do for you.

Al

It's warm an sunny here in southern California. I am not looking forward returning to the cold northeast.

Thanx Gents,I took the rod back to the dealer and at we did some testing and we used a scale.The line did touch the rod and he tried to to tell me it did not make contact until 12 lbs on the scale and I would never set my drag that tight.Yet when he sold me the rod one selling feature was the slippery (plastic type) butt section that will come out of the rod holder easily because when a 40# striper slams you spoon the pressure on the rod is incredible.So witch is it I asked it will double over or wont exceed 12#(DOUBLE TALK)So he is going to call Bronco tomorrow and have the guides spaced correctly and add however many needed.So he tried to say it would still work and its guarunteed so if it fails just bring it back,but soon gave in.So I'll give mhim the benefit of the doubt and if he comes through,great.If not bad press is in his future,the rod was not cheap and I want 100% satisfactory product for the money...I'll keep ya posted.........Cheen