Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumb-Burner

wrap suggestion for a purple blank

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

I've been waiting quite a while to get my Century Ultimate Flattie blank.. It's here and it's a beast!! rated 2-4 but i know 5 won't be a problem.. the deal is, the blank is PURPLE.. it's in between a cobalt blue and a purple...

I need some ideas on wrap colors. pink is NOT an option.

I just wrapped 2 Purple GUSA's. Both had Metallic Purple underwraps - one had Silver trim at each end, with a Silver & Red center trim combo, the other had Holographic Silver at teh end & center, with Cranberry metallic mixed with Purple. The overwraps were done with NYlon A, the first frod used 458 Purple, the other 0411 Hot Pink/Fuschia. THe Hot Pink over Purple came out like a Burgandy,a dn it looks pretty cool, although I was hoping for a gay-er look so I'm a bit disappointed.

Red silver icon14.gif If I knew how to post a pic I'd show you a red silver wrap that is to die for. It was done by Saltheart icon14.gif

TB maybe I can e-mail it to you

Charlestonsize.jpg

[ 08-31-2004, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Ed J ]

Unfortuantely I have no pics yet. I have to find the accesories bag that came with my camera which Gottog just got fixed for me. IT's been so long I forgot where I put it.

Dos the Purple metallic match the blank - no, it's a little darker, but it matches nicely. The Purple of teh blank is sort of like a dark pastel easter egg with microscopic glitter-ish paint. It looks really, really nice (if you're into that) Purple metallic is like a grape.

Red & Siler does look very nice on Purple - I am working on the wrap today whic started off with a small REd diamond with Silver frame - it did look very sharp.

How about some brighter colored GREEN then the rod would look like the Green Latern. wink.gif

I'm an old fogy I guess - I don't do those neon colors like Billy40. wink.gif

Only thing I ever owned that was pink was a pin stripped shirt my wife got for me like 10 yrs ago (unloaded it to Goodwill recently....LOL).

I like chartreuse spinnerbaits for freshwater bass. biggrin.gif