Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ed J

4 wt. blank?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I’m an idiot, I broke my 4 wt. today on an over hanging branch. Had the rod on the roof rack, thought to my self I should brake it down & put it in the cab, but left it there anyway. While backing up I heard a snap and hoped it was the branch, it wasn’t, and now my 2 piece is a 4 crying.gif .

It was a Loomis GL3 blem that I wrapped about a year and a half ago. I use / used this rod more than any of the fly rods I have (2 to 4 nights a week at a local pond).

I wana get another inexpensive blank to replace it. Don’t care about name or anything, but want a rod with a similar action or maybe even slightly faster. What I don’t want is a rod that has a slower action, I’ve got a 6 wt that’s a mid flex, and all though I like fishing it, I want the 4 wt. that replaces the one I just broke to have a faster action.

Any ideas or recommendations?

i've got one of them rainshadows. it's a nice, inexpensive blank. it's not super fast, maybe mod/fast.

by the way, anglers workshop had some loomis blanks on clearance recently. if i wasn't so lazy, i'd look there for ya

Thanks for the help fellers, I think I found a “deal” from custom tackle.

I was told the action from the new line of Rainforest blanks from Pac Bay was very similar to what I was using and CT has them on special for 50% off. The blank only cost me +/- $26 smile.gif .

I’ll report back when it’s been spun up & fished a few times smile.gif .

i have a 3 piece 7' 4 weight fisher that i had built over the winter.. if you are interested

we might be able to make a decent deal..

comes with 3 secton protective tube.. custom built by a local professional rod builder.. looks great..

pete