Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rapt Tite

Color burn out tip-of-the-day

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hello SOL rodbuilding forum...new kid on the block...suffer from rodbuilding addiction. Don't have any questions today, but while visiting my parents last night, my mother shows me a quilting book...blew my mind what colors these quilters were putting together. Kind of wierd saying "hey mom, can I borrow you're quilting book" but I suppose its alot less wierd than going into "Mary's World of Stitches" and saying "Excuse me miss, do you carry Sulky metallics?"...I know you've done it...admit it!

cwm15.gif Quilting books...at your local bookstore and you don't have to park the truck in the back like you did at "Mary's world of stitches".

Cool site...has that cutting edge gill plate type feel to it.

rapt tite- (adj) 1. feeling similar to road rage 2. feeling you get replaying the night you got spooled six years ago 3. nothing to do with thread tension hammer-time.gif

There are also books color plates showing which colors go together to form a certain feeling. I did spend some time in Borders before 9-11 scribbling down some color combo's from these books. Now I just ask my wife.