Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John E

Rod Pics

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Here are a few pics of my latest projects. The Calstar is completed and the Lami needs to be epoxied.

Calstar 700L Spiral Wrap

Lots of thanks to Al and Billy 40 for the information they posted here in the past.

calstar_buttwrap1.jpg

calstar_spiral.jpg

Lami GSB 131 1M

lami_handle_assembly.jpg

lami_buttwrap_closeup.jpg

The butt wraps are modified versions of the "nine diamonds" pattern in Clemens' book.

Surfrat,

Only took about an hour. I used the HT Metallic Braid. Someone showed the stuff to me a few months ago and I'e been using it ever since.

John - I like how you used the HT coupled with regular Black thread (or metallic black?) to make the Snakeskin pattern from the Clemens book.

You're going to enjoy those 2 rods I'm sure. The 700L is my personal favorite all around Inshore rod. Have fun!!

Billy,

Thanks. The Lami has regular black thread in the pattern with the HT. I finished the rod over the weekend and will post some pics of the guide wraps in a few days. The Calstar was a birthday present for my father.

I tried LS Supreme on both these rods and was very happy with it. The butt wraps required 4 coats of finish but it was worth it. I really like how the LS looks over the metallic threads.

John