Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tightloops2

Rod Building Syposiums/Classes

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Where's the best place to get info on rod building supplies? Is there a group that meets, or local seminars? I'm a recent transplant to the CT area.

This format is super. I've found all the area's and format informative.

What're you looking for? Al has a vast knowledge of everything you may want pertaining to rod building supplies. As far as shops - I mail order everything. Clemens Tackle, Anglers Workshop, Custom Tackle Supply are 3 off the top of my head, but there are more. Locally - good luck. I thikn you'd be better of asking here and purchsing through the mail order companies. It will save you from mistakes when ordering, especially if you are not familiar with the quality of the manufacturers.

Billy

Tight,

Where in CT do you reside?

If you are in the greater Fairfield county area you are not far away some some very talented rod builders.

Al

Thanks for your responses. Right now I'm thinking of puting together a 9 to 10' surf rod. Something that does not have a whole lot of twist at the top of the stick. At this point I have not decided what reel to put on a rod like this.

Secondly,I'll most likely be looking for a 10' fly blank, preferably a 10 wt. A few years back, I put together a couple of sticks, some fly and fluke style rods.

Looking at the boards listed it seems like you folks are very organized in your trade.

I reside in Guilford, which is about exit 57. About 1/2 way down I95.

Thanks for your help.

[This message has been edited by Tightloops2 (edited 03-12-2001).]