Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil L

Lami GLB961L vs. GSH961MT

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Gentlemen,

Does anyone have experience with either one of these blanks or both. The 961L has a .590 butt, 6 tip and is rated 1/2-1 1/2. The 961MT has a .600 butt, 5.5 tip and is rated at 3/8-2. Does anyone know how the action on the two differs....I imagine the GLB being a live bait blank has a pretty fast taper with a lite tip...not sure about the GHS, as I really dont have any experience with salmon blanks.

What I am looking to do is build something in the 8ft range to throw 1/4oz, 3/8 oz jigheads with fin-s, small yozuri's, megabaits and bombers mainly for weakfish and school bass in the rivers, sod bank areas and bays.

What are your thoughts about each blank and its use in this application.

Will probably couple the rod with a Taurus Libra...

Thanks in advance

Phil L

I'm not familiar with the two you mentioned, however, I was after a blank for applications identical to yours. I recently picked up a popping rod blank, P964. I'm in the process of wrapping it now, so I can't offer a concrete first hand report. Several others had recommended the popping blank for trout and school stripers. This blank may be worth a consideration.

Phil,

The Gsh961mt is a faster action blank probably more suited for the application you expressed as the GLB961L is a more moderate action. I think they are both probably rated around the same but for the smaller lighter lures I believe the MT blank would better suit your needs.

Todd

I got the GLB961L and love it! Great for small plugs and I've taken fish up to 22# with it. I set it up with all Fuji SiC single foot high frame guides. I also got the GLB901M and thinking about setting up a GLB1081M next. I use a VS100 on them.

------------------

SOL #860

Share what you know

Learn what you don't