Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumb-Burner

I need help... Emergency loomis issue!!

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Long story but PLEASE bear with me..

Had a buddy (great builder) wrapping a 1448 loomis for me... he had the handle built (real cork shaped on a lathe and trigger reelseat!!) and had some serious difficulties come up in his life... He shipped it to me to have someone else wrap on the guys for me... the tip section (completely bare) was crushed in shipping.. it's insured but i have no idea how to go about getting a new tip from loomis.. don't need the whole thing as i love the handle as it's built..

heeeelllpppp!!!! i have no clue what to do.

waaah.gif

Call Loomis worst, thing is they will charge you $50 for their expeditor (sp) service. But that would require you “lose” the work that’s already done. But you will get a new blank (2 half’s) on yer doorstep in 2 days. You then place the busted part & butt section in the tube & send it back.

The only way I can think of that you’ll be able to keep the work already done, is to send it all back, pay the $50, let them match a new top half for ya. But that will take some time.

I dunno, I’d call them tamarra . And let us know how they treat ya.

I used the service 1 time, and they did just what they advertise (in 2 days I had a new rod on my porch) icon14.gif

Good luck smile.gif .

I would call them and see if they can match a tip to the butt section. Charge what ever it costs you back to the shipper insurance (include all shipping costs too) . That way you save the nice cork handle.