Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
THEKID

Kennedy Fisher Blank -- 10'

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

J. Kennedy Fishers have been out of production for more than a few years now, and even the rumor of a used rod coming available, as in right here...

http://www.stripersonline.com/ubb547...ML/010214.html

will cause an instant flurry of interest.

Two of my favorite sticks are on Fisher blanks and I - as do many folks - wish I'd stocked up a couple more while the gettin' was good. Kid, I'm afraid your chances of finding a ten foot (or any desirable model) Fisher blank sitting around somewhere are, unfortunately, somewhere between slim and none.

Now that is a great bit of good news, FWW. Surprised there's any any left after all this time but since Bill quit offering blanks for sale thru the catalog a long while back I'd forgotten about him as a possible resource. I'll be making a call myself this morning smile.gif

Just in case Mr. P. isn't selling them anymore...

I have half a dozen rods (10-10.5 foot) built by Bill P. on Kennedy Fisher blanks (both spinning and conventional). If there is an extremely urgent need out there, I'd be willing to part with one or two of 'em for a reasonable price. Gimme a holler...

-FWW

I called the Surfcaster, and if Bill P's got any of those Fishers left, he's not parting with 'em. Not as blanks anyway ("We do not sell blanks. Period. Not even for pickup here")

The "Rainshadow" SW1207 is very close to the action of the old J K Fisher X08320, and the SW1208 to the X08720. Same 10', 1 piece, with the line and lure weights the same. I used to build those Fisher models when I had my shop on Maui for many years. Great Sticks!

Paniolo---I've been very impressed with the Batson blanks your company builds since I first "discovered" them last winter in a New England shop---at the time, I thought they were All Star seconds, as they had no labeling on them except the "SW" in their model designation. Good product at a fantastic price. They're still a well-kept secret in many places up here, however.

Your nine footers seem---to me at least--to be very similar in action to the original Sabre IGSC blanks.

I have had this program for the past twelve years. Although I have continued to increase the product line to more than four hundred models. I was basically forced to use a Trademark (Rainshadow) by our customers, as I had mostly supplied rod blanks as Private Label. They wanted a trade name to help market the product line. Even today some of our customers use their own brand name on our blanks, but more and more now are using the "Rainshadow" Mark.

Since I am an old custom rod builder and Surf Caster from Maui, I find great enjoyment in developing rod blanks for many different species to be used fishing in surf conditions.

Panioli,

Welcome aboard. I too hear good things about your blanks. Being unfamiliar with the Kennedy Fischer blanks, maybe you can explain what was so great about them.

I would also like to hear more about the characteristics, action, constuction, and material of you RS blanks that are similar.

Gotta love the Matte clear finish on those Rainshadows. I have a 9ft spin SW1088 and a 10ft conventional SW1208 transparrent clear in the works now.

Bob Batson is a great person to deal with at Rainshadow also. The SWS70lL,M,MH look like great NE boat spin/cast blanks. Also available 7ft wire line trolling blanks!