Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassAssasin

SMB 963M

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Al, I am building the SMB 963M as a spinner. Wanted your suggestion on guide placement. Was thinking about Fuji BSVLG 40,30,20,16,12 and a SiC tip. Thanks for the help.

BA,

If you have not bought ther guides yet i would recommend the Fuji high frame single foot guides, YLG in the following sizes: 30,25,20,16,12,10 plus an SIC PST tip. These guides are much lighter and will give you better performance.

Guide spacing is approximately the same for either guides you paln on using. You will need to test cast before finalizing the position of the guides.

Face of reel spool to stripper guide 30-32 inches.

Tip to first guide 5 inches.

Space the remaining guides in 1-inch increasing increments. i.e. 6,7,8,9,10

Al

Al, I marked off the placement of the guides on the blank. 30-32" from the face of the reel spool looks like a really large distance. Haven't tested it yet but it just looks like it is too far. BA

[This message has been edited by BassAssasin (edited 04-13-2002).]

BA,

Try moving the stripper guide to 26-28 inches and test cast it until you eliminate all line slap and you are satisfied with the distance being achieved.

Al

That's where I had it (28"), it looked about right but have not tested it. I moved it to 32" and it just doesn't look like it's gonna work. Will let you know after I test. Thanks AL. BA