Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neil

Lamiglas Tri-flex blank CSM 1202M

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Since I have the subject blank I thought I might give my thoughts on it.

Todd Vivian sent it to me to try as at the time it was a prototype.

When I got it and saw that it was 2 piece i almost sent it back on the spot because I haven't owned a feruled blank in 25 years or more.

Glad I didn't.The blank is,to put it mildly about as close to perfect as I've ever had in my hands;and folks thats quite a few.It is 10ft,2 equal length pieces, tip over butt ferrule.1-3oz lures,up to 30lb line.The tip section is a combination of Super E glass and graphite, the butt is all graphite.

I haven't yet built this into a rod because I want to wait until I have the reel which will be used on it:an ABU 6500C3 Mag which will be modified with ceramic bearings for the spool and have ceramic bearings added to the leveline mechanism,extreme smoothie drag will replace the factory drag.

As soon as the reel gets back from the"mod"shop I'll build the rod.

My next project after that will be a matched spinner.

Todd Vivian assurred me that this rod would"stand-up"to the extreme pressures generated using some of the UK type casts, like the Uni-Tech OTG.

There's not a doubt in my mind that if I do my part as an experienced rod builder(NOT a Professional)I will have a rod unmatched in its class.Hope that this helps some of you out there who're considering a rod of the type that this CSB 1202M is. Tight Lines to all, Neil

Neil,

When you get those ceramic bearings, soak for a half hour in starter fluid before you use 'em. For some reason they come with a lot of crud in them.

Also, handle them very carefully...they are fragile and brittle so when you pop them into the reel guide them in gently, avoid pushing them in.

I'm interested in seeing the finished product and how it will handle braid.

-FWW

------------------

fww.gif

The Pause That Refreshes