Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crash

WHAT THE %$&#@ IS GOING ON?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

The Striper is on its downward spiral.

LETS LOWER THE SIZE LIMIT AND UP THE QUOTA'S!!

Bluefish stocks are at an all time low.

LETS RAISE THE LIMIT TO 15!!!

Every vote counts.

NOT IN THE U.S.!!!

Draggers and Cruise boats are destroying reefs.

LETS BAN FISHING AND RECREATIONAL ACTIVITES THEN!!!

I'm going back to bed. Wake me when its over.

Sorry Crash

Youll be asleep for a long time . We need to get rid of all the do gooders animal rights and earthers . They keep trying to save 1 while destroying another I believe in saving stocks of everthing since we all are hear to help the next to survive . Yes all the recreational fisherman are to blame . So go look out your window go to sleep and when you wake look out your window if it looks the same as when you went to sleep . Then go back to sleep .

The disorganized rec fishing public are the easy targets for the organized tree-hugger types. Political "victories" against rec's make them feel better (and raise more $ for self promotion) about consistantly losing to the comm's, even if it doesn't help the actual goal much. I stopped giving money to any of these groups because they're all slippery slope extremists.

Just a morning rant thats all...

Its just depressing to see all the study's and smoke they blew up our keisters thrown out to appease to the commercial interest. THIS PLAIN OL SUCKS.

These are laws right? What ever happened to the people had to appove of new laws? Obviously we can vote these new regs or the people who pushed them out either.

HANG ON BETSY I"M WARMING UP HERE...

I'm getting soooo sick of being screwed at every corner. I pay my fee's I pay my taxes and I'm am not getting fairly represented here, come on Hillary of all people THATS REPRESENTATION? what a joke...

don't we PAY a certin group called DEC for enforcement? Why is it they always catch em after the fish are dead...a little late there fellas.

One study says every thing is fine, another says we are heading towards doom...WAIT, THEY BOTH CAN"T BE RIGHT SO WHATS THE REAL ANSWER? 2+2 has to equal 4 right? so who's lying to us? who ever it is is comiting the most evil crime of all and should be shot.

yes yes yes I have alot of issues today, thanks for the opportunity to rant.

Wheres my retlin......

Crash I agree with ya there buddy . Its all about studies . Who makes all these studies . People that cant hold real jobs . The fish are coming back ok lets change the regulations to appease a group . Ok now we need another study . Oops that isnt working OK another study . And who foots these studies we the tax paying working poor . We dont need no more stinking studies . We need to just use our heads . Hey if I throw this fish back hell grow bigger OR I can bring way to much home and then feed these fish to my plants . Changing elected officials doesnt seem to make any differance . Researchers now there is a bunch that there are just way to many of I mean do we have to study everything 10000s of times . ( butter is no good for you eat margarine . STUDY . Margarine is 20 times worse for you than butter . STUDY . Dont eat eggs to much cholesterol . STUDY . Oh eggs are good for you as long as you eat in moderation . STUDY . I could go on all day and I have other threads to read before I leave work . Not meant for researchers on this site .

When Clinton flew on to Assateague Island to give his "save the ocean" speech. No recreational fishermen groups were invited. As a matter of fact, even surf guys 12 miles down the beach were asked to leave. It was ALL environmental green groups ohhhhing and ahhhhing and cooing over everything he said. '...Save this, protect that...' forget that my club the *AMSA has been fishing that beach before it was a national park!

We (my club) have been stalwart partners with the NPS since 1966. What does the local ABC affiliate show on the newscast? A bunch of kids doing donuts while standing up on the back of a jeep! So, that means surf fishing vehicles are evil too?! The Bluewater Network calls us "motorized cowboys" I guess they walked to the beach from home?

That may or may not be relevant on this thread - but these self rightous '...animals, insects, plant life first - people second' green morons really chew my butt... :-(

Where's my pill?

*Assateague Mobile Sportsfishermen's Association.

[This message has been edited by D Powell (edited 12-13-2000).]

Chris - Sounds like that old Cheech & Chong song "Save the Whales but Kill the Seals"! wink.gif

Crash - BTW, thanks again. Great meeting you the other day. Use the motor well!

[This message has been edited by Jaiem (edited 12-13-2000).]

I'm gonna have to install a Ritalin dispenser in here, aren't I? wink.gif

As you know, if I start down this track about my 100% agreement with both of you, I could fill pages and therefore, in light of the work I must do, will refrain.

Know that I am with you in spirit...they piss me off too.

TimS

The enemies are everywhere guys.....dotn just blame the comms, look at us. Groups like the JCAA are selling up out every year, the want to kill more fish, as exampled by the new bass limits in NJ. There is alot of blame to go around frown.gif

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

only solution..."uzi does it".."spray it,don't say it!"..iv'e officially gone off the deep end w/ striper regs!

and to all you sweetwater fishermen,

have a CRAPPIE DAY!!!

Rick G...just kidding,i love trout fishing biggrin.gif

OH no John I know, I posted my feelings at a Muskie Site and THEY FOUND NO PROBLEM WITH CLOSING AREAS OFF TO THE PUBLIC!!

These guys also want to ban bait so bad they refuse to believe circle hooks work. And Catch and release only, no photo, thats just keeping the fish outta the water too long.

The CCA can't even get thier act together because one article of TIDE claims bass are recovered and then the next issue puts it all in doubt, once agian 2+2= what?

A handfull of LARGE don't mean recovered boys....

Wheres the flounder? What happened to the Sheephead Porgy? heck we didn't even see nearly as many sand sharks as we used to. How can any species, in these days of take, take, take, be declared as recovered? Yet these groups keep asking for da cash to "fight" for our rights. WHY ISN"T THE DEC FIGHTING FOR US?

How can the CCA fight to have fishing declared a privledge? Its a right to fish, its a privledge to take. TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS THERE GUYS.

Then they talk about reducing Rec. mortality on released fish. This wouldn't even be an issue if the stocks where in decent order, and why are they not? The comms wrecked them long before we started screaming about it.

Take a look at history and tell me who's to blame. Yes the rec. community MUST make sacrifices to help fix these problems, BUT WE WOULDN"T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE IF IT WAS HANDELED CORRECTLY FROM THE START.

So tell me agian why we let the theives make the rules?

setting on a dock in the bay - sing with me otter