Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobber

ever heard of these guys??

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Al- Mudhole tackle is offering a line of composite blanks from American Tackle- ever hear of them before? (they also make some sort of "zirconium" guides- ooy) How are composite blanks for use with braided lines? Is graphite still the way to go? thanks agian for any help- Bob

Bobber,

American Tackle (Amtak) blanks are a low priced line of blanks that have been around for a number of years. I never used their blanks, so I cannot comment on there quality or performance. However, you know the old saying, "you get what you pay for".

Your second question on composite blanks, they are my prferred blank construction to use when using braided line. All the major blank manufacturers now have composite blanks.

What specific application are you looking to build?

Al

Al, I was a little leery of their super low price, and you may have just confirmed it... I'm thinking of a bridge rod 61/2 to 71/2 ft for around 30 lb line/1-4 oz jigging. I also saw Seeker has a composite blank for around $55- may consider that. Any other suggestions? If you've got an old/bem blank hangin' around, let me know- (I'm pretty sure I don't want all fiberglass) thanks, Bob