Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saltheart

Stress Distribution Test

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Run the line through the guides and load the rod. Turn the rod with the guides up and look at the line going from guide to guide. The line should not be touching the blank. If it is, then slightly move the guides closer together until the line is not touching the blank.

I have a tool that mounts the rod at a 45 degree angle on my bench. I run the line through the guides and attached a snap swivel to the end of the line. I then lock up the drag. I fill up a cloth bag with 2-3 lbs of sinkers. Attach the bag to the swivel and suspend the bag four feet from the tip of the rod. Turn the rod to keep the guides on top. Look at the rod from the side to see how the line runs from guide to guide. Adjust your guide spacing as required.

Al, that sounds a lot better than prying your 10 year-old son away from Pokemon cartoons on a Saturday morning and having him hold the rod while you tie the line to the bottom of your workbench and move the guides around biggrin.gif!! Damn kids won't stay still cwm31.gif - unless you promise to give them their allowance (which has doubled since I was a kid! icon15.gif ).