The new Saragosa

Rate this topic

pauley1

Isnt a Cam oscillation system what you use on most reels that dont have a worm drive? Also known as a Locomotive based system?

The "Cam" is also known as the Transverse slider on these reels isnt it?

I read it to mean that basically Shimano are not putting in a worm drive..

I'm interested to know what kind of oscillation system this reel has. Someone mentioned "cam oscillation" earlier on in the thread. The only current cam oscillation systems I know of are in the reintroduced 704/706Z and the Daiwa BG series. I'm interested to see what Shimano's take is on this.

Sorry Redfin, you are right, there is a third type of oscillation system, both on the 704 and the BG reels as you say....looks like a "crosswind" arms comes directly off the Main gear and connects and drives with the main shaft, with no oscillation gear, which all sounds nice and simple! I wonder if Shimano has gone this way?

Isnt a Cam oscillation system what you use on most reels that dont have a worm drive? Also known as a Locomotive based system?

The "Cam" is also known as the Transverse slider on these reels isnt it?

I read it to mean that basically Shimano are not putting in a worm drive..

Sorry Redfin, you are right, there is a third type of oscillation system, both on the 704 and the BG reels as you say....looks like a "crosswind" arms comes directly off the Main gear and connects and drives with the main shaft, with no oscillation gear, which all sounds nice and simple! I wonder if Shimano has gone this way?

It is impossible to do on the ambidex fishing reel :)

You‘re at the mercy of whatever talent you have

It is impossible to do on the ambidex fishing reel :)

Not true, the BG from Daiwa is an example of such a reel. It can convert from left to right hand. That said, the BG will never win any line lay or distance casting awards but it is a rock solid reel.

Not true, the BG from Daiwa is an example of such a reel. It can convert from left to right hand. That said, the BG will never win any line lay or distance casting awards but it is a rock solid reel.

You are right. BG sizes 10 to 60 are ambidextrous reels with a direct lever oscillation, along with a very large numbers of other reels by various makers. A very common design indeed. As for the Saragosa, everything I've heard leads me to believe it's a locomotive system with the extra gear and traverse block at the end of the shaft. I'm still to hold one yet and these are only leaks, so don't treat it as a fact yet :)

Allan

Would you please ask your contacts to confirm the new Saragosa's weight. Shimano says they have reduced the weight but there web site does not reflect this and of the testers has stated that the 6000 he weighed was 16.1 oz.

Thanks,

Greg

I know, I grew up next to them. and still have some , even two brand- new :) post from hiramasa got confused me . he write about locomotive . . .and with no oscillation gear . . . . .. and I start to thinking ... what are you doing now Shimano, it is impossible to even think that they will return to that outdated system . Then I started thinking about how to do this, maybe Shimano has some new ideas and I wrote what I wrote :)

You‘re at the mercy of whatever talent you have

So what's the real weight of the new 8k and 10k?

Sorry was out fishing for a days with limited service. I couldn't honestly tell you the weights on those sizes. Normally I would never bother to weigh the reels I test but in this case prior to spooling the 6k I weighed it just for sh*** and giggles since I had a scale and 6kF model present at the same time. The F was something like 21.4oz and the Sw was 16.1. I don't know when they will physically show up in the shops. I'm sure you guys will get to see them soon and form your own opinions. Tight lines

"The club tournaments are NOT the problem, in fact the clubs are part of the solution, helping to organize us recreational fishermen.
It's the - kill every one I catch, the lookymee tackle shop video guys, and especially the charter boats, that are the real problem on the rec side." Sudsy
"I object to fishing tournaments less for what they do to fish than to fisherman. They have invaded one of the last refuges of civilized man, transmuted a noble art into something it isn't and shouldn't be... To speak nothing of the repulsive butchery and waste." - Ted Williams

Good specs and good price at $240 to $300 for pre-orders but not going to be shipping until November at the earliest. I needed two reels and bought Penn's instead. Shimano was clever in releasing information early so as to have people hold off on a new reel puchase for months until these could get into production. I don't like to buy the first models off the line with anything as they usually have bugs and later production copies will be better.

Every hour an American soldier commits suicide and every hour two soldiers are raped by their fellow soldiers.