Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paniolo

Rainshadow Rod Blanks

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Can't get my hands on an SU yet, hey BC or Oz help me out, will ya, but the SW1087 and SW1208 are some of the best blanks I've ever fished, regardless of price.

biggrin.gif

I'll second the icon14.gif for the 1087 and 1208. I had the 1208 spinner out last night launching clam balls (shudder to think chucking bait with my big plugging stick) Next up is a 1209 conventional for some big jigging.

I love the blanks. They are a really nice blend of sensitivity and strength. I feel like I can really lean into them without worrying. Availability isn't great in Jersey. I have to pay top $$, but they're still a bargain.

Real nice stuff. SW1087 spinner and 1208 conventional are great. The 1367 is a great two piece backup to several big one piece lami surf rods. And there's a 1418 in the works. The 1418 is a rocket with 3 oz plugs test casting. Did a bunch of flyrods too that I'm very happy with.

Will try the new SU series as soon as I get time to work on them. Right now the fish are calling.

Steve

IVe built tons of the SW (composite) 9 and 10 ft rods over the last two years. Ive had no complaints at all from anyone re: these rods, in fact, they seem to have a "cult" following. They do everything extremely well.

The new "SU" series (graphite) hasnt really been used by many people up here yet. I have built an SU 1209 and that rod is a BEAST (they also make a 1207 and 1208)... It'll easily throw 10 oz's and a chunk and is a great bridge rod. I am also in the process of building an SU 1087.

One thing to remember about the SU series is that #1 they are all graphite and #2 they are rated higher than their composite brothers. The SW 1208 is comparable to the SU 1087 and so on. the graphites can handle more weight.

I will write a review of the SU 1087 once I build it and fish it.

BC

delivering two SW60M's built as FW bass rods for a friend and his son.

Just finished a SW967 ( sweet 8ft blank) and will "try" to finish my own SW1087 soon.

can not wait to tie up a SU1208 conventional with a 7000HSN reel!!

want to tie up a 8 1/2 ft salmon/steelhead blank for the wachusett res. Mr. Batson any suggestion between the Forecast or Rianshadow series? 1/4 to 3/4 moderate action for bait.

Thanks

Bill

I picked up a su1262f at the Charlotte rod builders show, wrapped on some stainless spinning guides and taped a 3000 spinner to the blank. Gave it to my 10 year old daughter and we went to the Southeast regional Sportcast event in Wilmington. She through a two oz. sinker, 306 feet, still checking, may be all time record, those blanks are the cat daddy.......

Kingfish