Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ipscmaster

Which Company?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Could someone recomend a supplier that carries a broad supply of rod building materials and related equiptment?I would prefer to deal with one company if there is one that can supply all of my rod building needs. Any recomendations will be greatly appreciated. I stopped building rods about 20 yrs. ago when you could buy most things locally. It appears there are no more small suppliers left, at least not in the Carolinas.

Thanks.

The two major suppliers that are closest to you are Custom Tackle Supply in Shelbyville, TN and fishstix4u in Virginia. Bob McKamey at Custom Tackle is very helpful and can get almost anything you need, if it's not in stock. Also check out C&G Tackle. Dick French carries many of the products formerly offered by Clemons.

The two major suppliers that are closest to you are Custom Tackle Supply in Shelbyville, TN and fishstix4u in Virginia. Bob McKamey at Custom Tackle is very helpful and can get almost anything you need, if it's not in stock. Also check out C&G Tackle. Dick French carries many of the products formerly offered by Clemons.

Custom Tackle Supply and Anglers Workshop icon14.gificon14.gif

I like Stringman's recomendations - I haven't tried ****, but have heard good things about them. I have purchased a majority of my components from Angler's Workshop, Custom Tackle Supply, and C&G/Clemens Tackle.

Whereever you order from, if you are satisfied stick with them. DO NOT nickel and die yourself and try to order from someone where you will save 30 cents on an item - you will end up finding many reasons why you save money - you may be hammered with shipping, everything will be backordered, wrong parts will be shipped, etc.

I dealt with Fishsticks on a blank I bought this spring, locally it wasnt carried.....they were great, went thru their blanks for me for one with a slightly larger tip than the specs.

Thanks for everyones input. I placed an order with **** and I am very pleased with them. They were short on one item and actually called me up to ask if I would like aything else.They have a good selection and ship the next day. Thanks to all for the advice.