Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
THEKID

10' rock-hopping stick to match up with a VS 300

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Al (& others):

Can you recommend a good 10' blank that I can build for wetsuiting the rocks out East? The 11'er is a little too long. Tough to back that fish in and grab the leader. The 1' would make a difference. As the subject line suggest, I'll be matching it up with a VS 300.

Thanks,

Tom

------------------

THE KID [a.k.a. "BLACKBALL"]

Check out Lamiglas GLB121M or the XRA1205 for slinging big wood or eels. If you want lighter the GSB1201L or the XRA1204 would work with smaller bomber/rebel type plugs.

Also Rainshadow out in WA State has the SW1208 that will fit the bill. size 9 tip, up to 6 oz with the sweet spot around 2 1/2 to 3oz. The SW1207 is lighter on the lines of the XRA 1204.Its available in transparent black or a neat Matte Clear.

Tom,

For rockhopping and wetsuiting I recommend that you stay away from all graphite blanks since they cannot stand up to that kind of abuse.

I would go with an eglass or composite blank from 9-10 feet. Blanks on my short list would be:

Lami SB121-3M

Lami C6909

Seeker CSB906 or 907

Calstar GF900XL

Al

well said Al... I would also say the sb121 3m. (tom, thats a 10 ft s-glass to you and me smile.gif..

go for it kid... we might have to have a dual order from mudhole...

let me know...

BC

Come on now boys. Breaking rods is good. Then you can get a new one.

Kid, I have an XRA 1205 or a XRA 1321 that you can take for a lap. I think the 1204 might be what ya want, but it maybe a little light for big snakes.

I'll bring some testers for you this weekend.

The Rainshadows are a composite blank. Sorry I forgot to mention that. Merrick Tackle in NY is distributing for the N.E. Forgot about the SGlass from Lami! Sweet blanks also. I have a 9ft spin S-glass that is nice and light. You get too into the "new" materials you forget about the oldies but goodies.

Good thing your hear to keep us straight Al!

Bill