Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toddv

CGBT961M

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Bill - I kinda think the specs on that are a bit off. It's a 40# blank no doubt, and the 3 I've built took size 9 and 10 tip's. I think this was built due to people needing a 7 1/2-8 foot blank and having to scrounge around looking for extensions. This makes things easier than having a special order which was in the works for early next year anyway.

Billy's right on. I extended the blank to 8-feet and trimmed the tip back. It makes a great deep jigging rod on Georges Bank in the summer when conditions allow them to use lighter jigs.

Uncut it makes a great heavy tog and bass stick.

Billy O,

Can't say how well it will cast. I am going to build the first one untrimmed and test cast it. My guess is that it will probably cast 3-4 ounces jigs and bucktails well.

Al

The new blanks came yesterday and they are awesome. CGBT961M, a composite 8-foot one piece medium action. My guess is it can be rated for 50 Lb. and can handle deep jigging on the New England cod banks.

Thanks Tim. i can't wait to build the first one.

Al

Biily O,

I am going to build one untrimmed and test cast it. I will give you a preliminary report when done.

If you can make the seminar in CT in January I will have the finished rod with me along with some blanks. You can then check it out.

Al

Al, I have been trying to email you for the past 5 days. I have my flight information for the trip to Hartford and the NE RodCrafters Seminar. I'll forward it on to you as soon as our out going mail starts working....lol

Todd

Todd,

Sorry for the misque. Now you no had fried I am. Thanks again for the blanks, awesome. I contacted two rodbuilding buddies who I know will love the blank for deep jigging cod.

Whenever you send me the flight info is fine. I received two more registration today and we are moving along. I will start working on the seminar program over the holidays.

Al