Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Al Goldberg

Need Your Input for Rod Building Workshop

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Captain Neil and I are starting to plan a rod building workshop to be held in Nassau County, Long Island. This will be a basic workshop that will be for 3-4 consecutive Thursday nights from 7:30 - 10 PM in January/February 2004.

Before we can firm up a place, date and cost we need to know how many people would be interested in attending.

Please post your interest to this thread so we can get a count.

Thanks,

Captain Neil and I are starting to plan a rod building workshop to be held in Nassau County, Long Island. This will be a basic workshop that will be for 3-4 consecutive Thursday nights from 7:30 - 10 PM in January/February 2004.

Before we can firm up a place, date and cost we need to know how many people would be interested in attending.

Please post your interest to this thread so we can get a count.

Thanks,

icon14.gif

The Rod Building Course will take place on Thursday evenings, Feb 19 and 26, March 4 and 11 at the Cedar Beach Sportfishing Education Center from 730-10 PM. This Center is located West of Captree on the Ocean Pky, north side.

The fee for the course is $50.

Space is limited to approx 30 people. Therefore, first come first served. Please send a check for $50, no credit cards, made out to;

Capt Neil Faulkner

Attn: Rod Building Course

11 Harp Lane

Sayville, NY 11782

A list of names will be posted on this thread confirming your registration.

We have been in contact with Merrick Tackle and they will be supplying us with catalogs from different blank and component companies.

The profits from this course will be donated to the Cedar Beach Sportfishing Education Center.

Capt. Neil and I will be putting together a course outline for each weekly session and post it on this thread.

Hope to see you there.

Sounds like a great format for this course Al. Spread out over several days I think it will be an excellent chance to learn something then go home and try it out. After trying what is learned the people will have a chance to check back the following week to hit the fine points. Excellent way of learning !

There is going to be another workshop closer to MA in the late winter/early spring right?

I've got to make it this year.

Thanks,

Stroth

Great to hear that the workshop is go. I would love to be there but I burned through too much vacation this year. I will have to assuage this loss but building one of those new Allstar 11 1/2 foot heavers. ( smile.gif .Good luck!

Tom

Matt,

We will be planning a New England Seminar in January/February 2005. I will firm up in the Spring of 2005.

Al

That's just a tad confusing confused.gif