Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weekendwarrior

lamiglas 1081 vs 1083

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

why does lamiglas charge $50 more for the 1083 blank than the 1081? Is it that much better? Also, I'm choosing between two plugging sticks(one factory 1083 and one custom 1081)- the custom one has more guides. Is there any advantage to this. Any preference between the two blanks for small to medium plugs?

They are made of different materials. The full designation I believe would be XRA1083 and GSB1081 which define the materials they are made from. There is (was) also a SMB1083 etc so you really need to be specific.

Steve

Thats really the main reason for the price discrepency between those 2 rods. Normally you'll find that the larger the 4th number in the blank's name the more expensive because that number designates the blank's stregnth (lure and line weight) relative to other blanks in that series.

(Check out the Lami blanks catalog if you haven't already, its on their website - lots to learn about designs and designations.)

On arra rods , the 4th number does not designate power.

While I think some of the lami Arra models are the best rods available , the 1083 is not one of the models I like. I prefer the GSB 108 1L. For very light stuff like the 1083 will handle , I believe the Loomis 965 is the best in that weight class. I also prefer the GSH series with MH or HH ratings to the 1083.

In the Arra series , the 1205 , 126 and 1322 are the best you can get for certian applications.