Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saltheart

Double stick tape alternative

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I saw Billy mentioned double stick tape on another thread and thought I'd share a little trick ( not much of a trick but ) I use. I used to use double stick for holding the ends down on the cross wraps. I found it got sticky all over the blank. I now take regular masking tape , tape down one end about 1/2 a wrap then twist it over and wrap sticky side up. At the other end you twist it again and tick that end down. If you keep it tight and overlap about 1/8 to 1/16 inch , the stuff lays down flat and does just as good as double stick and no mess under it when you take it off. Anyway , its not rocket science but it does work well.

Salt, just tape a popsicle stick & wrap it with paper towel, never have a problem removing it fro the blank. Doubling masking tape does wor well, but unless you have some special grade of masking tape (if you do let us know) - the double stick tape I have is much stickier.

I use a combination of both your methods.Masking tape for protecting the blank. Tape down a popsicle stick for EASY removal of the junk. And found a new double stick tape by 3M for mounting photos thats thin like scotch tape and very sticky.

And found a new double stick tape by 3M for mounting photos thats thin like scotch tape and very sticky.

How wide is it, how much does it cost, and how much of it is on a roll? I'm going to be buying some Thread Art tools for your gathering from C&G (you know, those impossible to find items) - if this tape is cheaper, I'll just get that.

Found part of it, the paper backing. Says 1/2"x450in or 12.5 yds....$2.38

Now I know why the christmas presents were stuck to eachother!! I suspect my wife must've needed some scotch tape...and entered the basement.

She and I are going to have to have a little talk about this.