Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pawlie

Breakaway=Allstar blank?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I am looking at putting together a 10.5 foot 2 piece rod for surf/canal fishing at the cape and need to be able to travel with it. My question is: Is the Allstar BGSW1266-2 the same blank as the Breakaway BGSW 1209 (LDFS 106-2H)? It looks like the blank at breakaway with the same ID number to the allstar is an 11'9" blank. If not the same, any preferences for you guys out there? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Pawlie

i have a 1267-2 that i built spinning.

works amazing for tins and metal in the 2-4oz range. also works great with heavier 3oz+ plugs. ive also used it for baitfishing with 3-8oz and bait. casts 8 ok, but not great.

very versatile rod. its my all around s. shore rod.

I would tend to agree with the 1267 as a really nice all around beach stick. Though it will lob 8 with bait,it wont cast it with authority very well. As for fishing in the Canal, it does not tend to pull jigs up off the bottom as well as the 1206. the 1206 might be 6 inches shorter but its a better Canal rod then the 1267. Regards Big Dave

the Allstar 1266/2 makes a nice canal rod. Interestingly enough , Smokey broke the tip on his 1267 when he fell down on the rip wrap. i just fixed it but had to trim a lttle off. the rod now feels awesome for canal weight from 2 to 5 OZ. Action is very similar to an Arra 1205 now.

the best canal rod out there now is the ziplex Sea raider II. If you can swing the price , I can't imagine a better rod for up to 5. beyond that , the Allstar 1209 is the best rod around.