Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudsy

Anyone have the specs on a Fenwick 1163 ?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Aloha. I looked through my '81-'90 Fenwick blank catalogs but no blank or rod with that number. Most blanks would have been 9'(108X) or 9 1/2'(114X). 1163 would have to be 9'8". The number 3 designation would be the power rating of the rod with Steelhead rods at 3/4 ounce weights or saltwater rods at 3-6 ounce weights. These are the figures I got out of the catalogs. Hope this helps. Mark

That is an old school Lamiglas model number Sudsy, going back to the early seventies, after which they changed over to the numbering system most are used to seeing these days. If that's actually a Lami as I suspect it may well be, it's a SB1362M, which pretty much tops out right around 3 oz.

[ 04-12-2004, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Bill Klein ]

No question #1163 - it's in very large black numbers on the butt. I taped it out and it measures 11'6" on the money.

I compared it to my 1970's Fenwick/Grizzly and then to my yellow Lami and it looks pretty much exactly like the Fenwick in terms of color and how the glass is laying.

I don't doubt it says "1163", Sudsy. I doubt it's a Fenwick. As I posted, that's how Lami numbered their blanks in their old system, way back in the the day. Went like this...

Old # = Current #

1163 = SB1362M

1164 = SB1362F

1165 = SB1363M

1166 = SB1364M

Question. Sence you are redoing the rod why do you want to copy a manufactures specs? Do a danamic stress test to figure out the spaceing. If you want those specs. email Todd Vivian at Lamiglas todd@lamiglas.com

Seemed to me that the information concerning the limitations of the blank would be good information to have. Not to mention that before I purchase the guides I need to decide on which reel I'll be putting on it. Before I decide on which reel, I need to decide what the primary use of the rod will be.

To decide the primary use, it comes back to needing to know what the blanks limitations are.

1163 = SB1362M

From 2004 Lamiglas Catalog SB1362M specs

Len 11-6

Lure 3-5 ounces

Butt dia 1.035

Tip 11

Weight 9 1/4

MSRP $90

no mention of line rating

Steve